We’ve got 4 DIY homemade lip scrub recipes. Pucker up!
A lip scrub contains two components: an exfoliant and a nourishing agent. The nourishing agent provides a hydrating base for your exfoliator, making it easier to apply to your lips. These two go hand in hand for moisturizing and smoothing out your lips.
Just a heads up – some of these are so delicious, you might want to eat them! But don’t do that!
Bubblegum Lip Scrub
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 drops of strawberry extract
- Mix the sugar and olive oil in a blending bowl.
- Add the strawberry extract into the mixture and blend well.
- Apply this scrub with a clean finger, and let the exfoliating sugar scrub away any dead skin.
- Follow with a lip balm.
Why This Works
This delicious lip scrub is a sweet treat for your pout. The sugar removes dead skin cells to reveal healthy skin underneath. Extra virgin olive oil hydrates and seals moisture into your lips. The color part is only to make this bubblegum lip scrub as attractive as it’s tasty.
Kiwi Strawberry Lipscrub
- 1 pureed strawberry
- 1/2 pureed kiwi
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Puree your strawberry and kiwi in a blender and set aside.
- Add the sugar and olive oil in a small bowl. Stir the mixture until it’s well blended.
- Add the pureed fruits to the mixture and stir well.
- Add the vitamin E for extra nourishment.
- Apply the cool scrub in a circular motion for 30-40 seconds and allow the sugar to exfoliate any dry skin.
- Rinse with warm water.
Why This Works
This refreshing lip scrub for dry lips is an inexpensive way to moisturize and nourish your lips with fresh fruit. Kiwi helps to soothe sore and dry lips and makes them softer and more supple. Strawberries contain vital minerals and vitamins that help treat discolored lips.
Mint Choco Coffee Lip Scrub
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon coffee grounds
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed or avocado oil
- 3 drops of peppermint essential oil
- Mix the sugar, cocoa, and coffee grounds together in a bowl.
- Add your grapeseed oil and peppermint oil to this mixture and blend it until you achieve your desired consistency.
- Dab some onto your lips and scrub for a minute.
- Wash with lukewarm water.
Why This Works
This scrub consists the goodness of cocoa, coffee, and sugar. These natural exfoliators slough off dead skin with ease and nourish your lips from deep within. Grapeseed oil helps moisturize and hydrate them.
Chocolate Lipscrub Mask
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Apply a small amount of the scrub to your lips and rub it in gentle circular motions.
- Allow the mask to sit on your lips for a couple of minutes.
- Wipe off with a soft wet cloth or wash with lukewarm water.
Why This Works
This homemade lip scrub mask not only satisfies your chocolate cravings but the cocoa helps moisturize your lips deeply and removes tan. Vanilla extract has a whole bundle of anti-aging benefits and antioxidants that prevent and reverse skin damage caused by free radicals.
Style Notes: What’s In Her Bag With Maha Ahmad Hussain!
Working a full time job at Sana Safinaz as a fashion merchandiser and being a mom can make for an…
What’s in Store?: Zainab chottani’s new winter festive collection 2016!
Zainab Chottani’s new winter festive collection is now available in stores and online ladies! The range is absolutely perfect for…
Top 10 Anything: Beat The Heat In These Easy Breezy Daily Wear Kurta’s!
With the scorching summer heat right above our heads and humidity levels like no other we were looking for daily…
- Behind the Scenes
- Bollywood Blast
- Colors to keep
- Designer Debut
- Exhibition Hit List
- Gift Guide
- Hair File with the Experts
- Health & Beauty
- Health Kick
- In the Spotlight
- Lawn Fever
- Makeup File with the Experts
- Project Runway
- Ready, Set, Shoot!
- Style Notes
- Sunday Fun
- The International Edit
- The Secret Word
- Top Ten Anything
- Travel Diaries
- Trend Alert
- Wedding Wear
- Weekend Obsession
- What's in Her Closet?
- What's in Store
Lawn Fever: Spring Style Done Right- Prebooking For Saira Rizwan’s Luxury Lawn Collection Starts Today!1 year
With the change in weather- the spring/summer months are here and it’s time to change up our everyday look to…
- 2 years
With every lawn collection Crimson & Republic Women’s Wear up the ante when it comes to innovation, creativity and style….