With quarantine and self isolation, one finds themselves searching various recipes to pass the time. Some are tried and tested while others are new and adventurous. But then there are times when one wants a recipe that’s simple to follow and fast. From the kitchen of Pinch and Co comes these four recipes that are guaranteed to be useful and allow one to add their own flavor to it. From the classic creamy pasta to the grilled chicken with potatoes, these precise recipes don’t let anyone down! Scroll down to check out more!
Creamy Tomato Pasta
4 people Recipe
6 Tomato’s Boiled, Peeled and Blended
1 tsp – 2 tsp Crushed Red Chilli
2 tbsp Chopped Garlic
6 tbsp Olive oil
4 tbsp Vinegar
4-6 tbsp Cream
1 tbsp Butter
300g Boiled Pasta
- Boil the tomatoes uncovered and then when warm enough to hold peel off the skin and blend them to a rough paste. Set aside
- In a pan, add olive oil, garlic, chilli in a pan – you can add onions and you can add a herb like basil, thyme or Oregano at this stage (1tsp)- on a low heat and allow to warm up slowly.
- When you can smell the garlic and chilli fusing – add in the tomato. Mix it well.
- Add in the butter and vinegar at this stage and allow it to evaporate. This adds a lot of sweetness to the sauce.
- Allow this to cook for 5-10 mins and then add in the cream.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Save a little of the pasta boiling water and add about 4 tbsp to another pan – toss in the pasta and then the sauce as needed. You can add any cheese you might like at this stage. Parmesan is best and a bunch of fresh basil if available.
Grilled Chicken and Smashed Potatos
4 Chicken Fillet (Breasts which have been sliced into 2 lengthwise so 8 peices)
1 tbsp Honey
1 tbsp Siracha or Crushed Red Chilli
1 tsp Tomato Paste
1/2 tsp Thyme or any available Herb
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp oil
1 tbsp Garlic Paste
100 ml Cream or Chicken Stock
1 tsp thyme or herb
2 tbsp Siracha
1 tsp Lemon Juice
4 Potatoes Cleaned and Wrapped in foil.
- Preheat oven to 200F and place in Potatos for 1 hour.
- The trick with this dish is to marinate the chicken over night or as long as you can.
- Mix all the marination ingredients together and gently mix the chicken into the sauce and marinate in the fridge over night.
- To make the sauce add 1 tbsp Olive oil into a low heat pan and gently heat up the garlic, add the Siracha and herb your using – add the chicken stock and or cream and mix well. Right at the end add the cream. Set the sauce aside to use later. This sauce can take mushrooms, carrots, Brocoli, zucchini whatever you like to add or have at home.
- To cook the chicken heat a pan and add in the olive oil – cook for about 3 minutes on either side. Keep the heat high to seal both sides of the meat and then lower it so the Center cooks. Be careful not to overcook it.
- Once Chicken is cooked – pour the sauce over and serve hot.
- To finish the Potatos and this can be done anytime – take them out of the foil while hot and press them down with a spatula in a baking tray. Sprinkle oil, salt and pepper – you can add garlic, chilli flakes, basil etc to this and then put them back in the oven for 10-15 mins until they are nice and crispy.
- Enjoy a healthy Meal.
Sesame and Chilli Oil Noodles
2 tbsp Chilli Flakes
3 Cloves of Garlic
1 star Anise
2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Chopped Ginger
1 tbsp Chopped Green Onions
1 tbsp Green Onions
1/4 tsp finely grated Ginger
1-2 tbsp Chilli oil
1 tsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Soya Sauce
1 tsp Sesame oil
1/4 tsp Salt
Optional Sautted Spinach, Swiss Chard, Zucchini, Cabbage.
- Put Oil in a small pan on a low heat – add salt, star anise, and garlic into the pan.
- Allow it to gently heat up for about 20-30 mins making sure the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Grate Ginger into a heat proof bowl, chilli flakes and green onions (add more fresh garlic if you like).
- Once the oil has cooked for 20 mins or so and the flavours are infused – carefully pour the hot oil into the chilli flake ginger mix and mix it up. Let it rest for a few hours.
- If you want it more spicy you can add more flakes.
- Boil some pasta or noodles
- In a bowl mix chilli oil, sesame oil, lemon juice, ginger, green onions and then toss in hot noodles and give it a good toss! It will clear out your sinuses!
Light and Creamy Pasta for Kids
1 Packet Penne
4 tbsp Flour
4 tbsp Butter
1 litre Milk
1 can Grated Kraft Cheddar Cheese
Pinch of nutmeg
1 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cream Optional
2 tbsp Parmesan optional
6 tbsp Grated Mozerella optional
- Boil your Penne until it’s slightly under done.
- In a deep pan – add your butter until it melts and bubbles – then gently mix the flour with it. Cook the flour until it becomes a warm blonde.
- Remove it from the heat and add in 1/2 cup of milk and whisk vigorously to ensure no lumps.
- Put it back on the fire and add in the remaining milk and keep stiring. Wait until the sauce starts to thicken – this can take 5-10 mins.
- Once the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon add in the cheese and let it melt. Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and paprika if you wish.
- If you want add in the cream for a little extra oooohh!
- Mix in the Penne and use only so much Penne as you need. The sauce reduces as you bake it so always keep a half half ratio to have a juicy pasta.
- Place this in a baking dish and cover with Parmesan and Mozerella and bake for 25 mins at 350 F.
- Serve hot.
- You can add sausages, jalapenos, corn, beans and onions etc to this pasta very easily.
In The Spotlight!: Five Restaurants With Speedy Delivery!
With the current situation and quarantine still ongoing, it’s never a bad idea to treat oneself once in a while….
In The Spotlight!: Alishay Adnan Keeps It Interesting With Virtual Styling!
Keeping in mind the current situation, there have been many things one has had to get used to. From virtual…
In the Spotlight: Celebrity Couples That Tied The Knot During Quarantine!
The last few months have been busy for celebrity couples- looks like everyone is getting hitched in small intimate ceremonies…
In The Spotlight!: Maryam Motiwala Of Emm’s Bakes Shares Her Passion For Baking!
Everyone has a craving for something wholesome and sweet, with a hint of that homemade feel. Maryam Motiwala of Emm’s…
In The Spotlight!: Ansab Jahangir and Zoha Shakir Talk Working With Their Mom!
From coming out with breathtakingly beautiful formal and bridals to setting new trends with their colorful festive pieces, Ansab Jahangir…
- Behind the Scenes
- Bollywood Blast
- Colors to keep
- Designer Debut
- Exhibition Hit List
- Gift Guide
- Hair File with the Experts
- Health & Beauty
- In the Spotlight
- Lawn Fever
- Makeup File with the Experts
- Project Runway
- Ready, Set, Shoot!
- Style Notes
- Sunday Fun
- The International Edit
- The Secret Word
- Top Ten Anything
- Travel Diaries
- Trend Alert
- Wedding Wear
- Weekend Obsession
- What's in Her Closet?
- What's in Store
Lawn Fever: Spring Style Done Right- Prebooking For Saira Rizwan’s Luxury Lawn Collection Starts Today!2 months
With the change in weather- the spring/summer months are here and it’s time to change up our everyday look to…
- 1 year
With every lawn collection Crimson & Republic Women’s Wear up the ante when it comes to innovation, creativity and style….