Secret Word: The Fabulous 5 Year Fashion Journey Of Mohsin Naveed Ranjha
Five years ago, Mohsin Naveed Ranjha took the plunge and decided to join the fashion industry. Having always been inclined to the arts, he realized that everything he was fascinated with could be found under the singular umbrella of fashion. Looking up to acclaimed designers such as HSY, Bunto Kazmi and Nilofer Shahid delivered Mohsin through each year of developing his brand and his name. We had the privilege of sitting down with the talented designer who is all set to celebrate five years of his brand. He reveals his struggles as well as his silver linings. From beginning small to dressing Ranvir Singh, Mohsin Naveed Ranjha doesn’t hold back! Scroll down to check out more!
1. What is the most important lesson you have learn in these 5 years regarding your profession?
It has been 5 years of hardships and accomplishments. In the previous 5 years, my bond with my family and especially with my brother Abubakar who has proved that he is the backbone of this business, he’s worked day and night to bring our dream to life. I have also made some lifelong friends that I will always be grateful for.
2. What is your brand aesthetic and how do you think it give a voice to what was missing in our fashion industry? How does Mohsin Naveed Ranjha stand out?
My brand aesthetic has always revolved around the south asian art and literature. I have always been fascinated with folklores and folktales of the past, imagery inspired from mughal era has always been a source of inspiration for me. I stick to traditional wear and I believe that is my forte.
3. How can we access your designs in Karachi do you plan to open a space anytime soon?
We deliver worldwide and take orders online. About the space, it’s a surprise!
4. Who do you admire as a style icon in our industry, and why?
I have always been a fan of women who take pride in wearing the culture and heritage, they stylize these silhouettes and make it their own. Maya Ali is someone I always enjoy designing for.
5. What is your creative process can you describe it for us?
Our creative process starts from idea conception, we then build and research on the idea and we then develop sketches and let things go for production. Designs come up to me at very random instances, reading a book, taking a stroll around the city or even music inspires me for my designs and concepts.
6. Would you say Mohsin Naveed Ranjha, both the brand and designer are exactly where they need to be right now?
As a brand, We have been striving to produce exquisite fashion and we have stuck to the idea of improving with each step that we take. There is still a long way to go, many territories to conquer and many battles to win. As a person, I have improved drastically because this business not only teaches you patience but it has also helped me come across so many great people that have inspired me in a lot of areas so each day is about learning something new and being a better person.
7. How did you get into fashion?
I always had been driven towards art, music and culture. It dawned upon me that the marriage of everything I love is in the world of fashion. I started working hard and started my own business, there hasn’t been looking back after that.
8. Who were your fashion role models or mentors at the time?
Always had been a big fan of all the designers in the industry as everyone has always portrayed and presented the best in their respective capacities. Back when I was about to start my own business names like HSY, Bunto Kazmi, Nilofer Shahid have been major sources of inspiration.
9. What was the most valuable piece of advise you received while building your brand?
Patience and lots of patience, nobody ever gets it the first time, not everyone is born with a silver spoon. Most of the successful people are downright patient and steadfast in their affairs because you only learn from your mistakes and you build yourself up each time you fall down.
10. When was the turning point in your career? Describe your aha moment?
There are many instances where I have felt exhilarated. From my first ever collection to my first ever BCW. But the most fulfilling experience was dressing up Ranveer for filmfare.
11. Can you tell us about the experience of styling Indian Actor Ranveer Singh? How did that come about tell us the story?
Working with Ranveer was absolutely a dream come true. I had been wanting to do it for the longest time. I sent my designs to the stylists for approvals and got a very overwhelming response where two of my garments were selected.
12. With your five year anniversary coming up, tell us about the Ghar Nari celebration collection? What does the phrase mean and why did you choose Maya Ali in particular?
Ghar naari is a collection that is very close to my heart. It was something I wanted to give back to the people that made these 5 years possible. It is a memoir of my past, a colorful array of celebratory memories from different instances in my paternal house. Maya Ali is a very good friend and someone I think holds the true MNR demeanor and essence, so we could have not thought of anyone better to shoot it with.
13. What is one collection or piece of work you will always hold dear to your heart?
My favourite memories or the collection that is most memorable is my Chaap Tilak collection that came out 3 years ago.
14. What do you see for Mohsin Naveed Ranjha in the next 5 years?
Mohsin Naveed Ranjha would be bigger, better and more accessible. We hope and pray that we keep on producing the best quality south asian/ethnic fashion and expand our brand into other territories that are related to fashion and lifestyle.
Sadaf Fawad Khan Talks About Her New Bridal Collection Adam And Eve!
With each new collection, Sadaf Fawad Khan has said that the brand has learned more about what the customer wants…
Secret word: Tabesh Khoja In Our Rapid Fire Round!
Tabesh Khoja shared all of his styling tricks as well as his style turn off in our quick and easy…
The Secret Word! Khadijah Shah Shares Her NY experience!
1. Tell us about the couture collection you’re showing- what are you hoping the audience will draw from it? For…
The Secret Word! Nazish Hussain Invites Us To Shop For A Cause!
On the 31st of August, it’s time to bring your retail game at its peak to Secret Stash’s event Shop…
- Behind the Scenes
- Bollywood Blast
- Colors to keep
- Designer Debut
- Exhibition Hit List
- Gift Guide
- Hair File with the Experts
- Health & Beauty
- In the Spotlight
- Lawn Fever
- Makeup File with the Experts
- Project Runway
- Ready, Set, Shoot!
- Style Notes
- Sunday Fun
- The International Edit
- The Secret Word
- Top Ten Anything
- Travel Diaries
- Trend Alert
- Wedding Wear
- Weekend Obsession
- What's in Her Closet?
- What's in Store
- 11 months
With every lawn collection Crimson & Republic Women’s Wear up the ante when it comes to innovation, creativity and style….
- 11 months
Ayesha Ibrahim presents her Spring/Summer’19 Lawn! Sway with style this summer in the designers luxury lawn featuring the designers signature…