Trend Alert: The House of Arsalan Iqbal Lists the Hottest Trends for A/W2013
The House of Arsalan Iqbal is one label that makes it a point to stay ahead of the game and instead of simply following trends, invests its own creative abilities to reinvent what looks good. This season the design house brings double the fun with its new head of women’s wear; Fayez Agariah joining the brand’s namesake Arsalan Iqbal himself to give us their take on what’s trending high on the team’s radar for the upcoming winter season as published in Hello!. Arsalan Iqbal has always demonstrated a highly specialized knowledge of tailoring and cut with his advance techniques and exotic stitches therefore his opinion is definitely one to value.
Womens Wear Trend Forecast for A/W 2013 by Fayez Agariah; Head of Womens Wear at the House of Arsalan Iqbal
- Post-Modern Vintage: Retro- pieces that have a contemporary vibe.
- Military & Utilitarian Chic: Silhouettes complimented by epaulets, belts, and multiple pockets
- Multi-purpose design and Tailoring: Versatility highlighting the interconnectedness of separates and coordinates and the myriad ways of wearing one piece. For eg: Wraps.
- Flowing pieces paired with Structured Coordinates: To render an effect of nature interacting with Man-made objects.
- Nostalgic Silhouettes: Bustles, corsets, high waist-lines and 70s-inspired jumpsuits.
- Fabric Mixing: Juxtaposing different fabrics for a seamlessly off-beat effect
- Myriad Textures: A cornucopia of surfaces assembled together
- Layers: Body-con leveling to provide depth alongside structure
- Monotone Separates: Lowlight coordinates to highlight textural heavyweight pieces
- Fabrics: Charmeuse, Tweed, Tartan and Barathea (A wool mix used in army uniforms)
- Fine Detailing Ornamentation: Pagan, Ritualistic, Orthodox and Cult symbols.
- Color palette: Linden Green, Emerald, Mykonos Blue, Acai, Samba Red, Koi Orange, Deep Lichen Green, Vivacious Pink, Carafe and Slate Grey
Menswear Trend Forecast for A/W2013 by Arsalan Iqbal
Orange is the new black: Envision a jet-black Super 160’s suiting material waist-coat with orange trim or perhaps an orange waist-coat paired with a conservative button-down white shirt.
Steel Grey on trend: A three-piece steel grey suit with subtle black details on the lapel is a fine option instead of the always black
Ermenegildo Zegna suit
One-Button and Two-Button classic suits are back!: Double breasted suits are gradually becoming passé as a more tailored slick look takes its place
Tweed: Usually used in formal suiting, the House of Arsalan Iqbal will use it in a semi-formal context so that separates can be dressed up or down according to the social milieu. Versatility is the key.
Black Velvet Jackets are Au Courant: Pair a well-fitted jacket with a round neck T-shirt and blue denim jeans or tapered popping-coloured chinos trousers
Rivets, Metal Studs and Self-Suiting Lace: Sported on suit jackets, waistcoats will render an edgy vibe
Suspenders/Braces: A return to classic retro-glamour with a bad-boy swagger. Think Jay Gatsby meets James Dean.
Angarkha style Sherwani: This year the asymmetric collar line will be making a big comeback.
Colorful embellishments on Shalwar Kameez: Experimental colored thread works on classic kurtas add an edgy vibe
On trend embroidery colors: Dull Gold, Maroon and Champagne. Copper embroidery on a a neutral monotone black or white colored sherwani, Navy Blue velvet sherwani with grey, silver, gold and maroon embellishments. Even monotone anchor work looks ornamental yet masculine.
Credits: La Femme Shoot Photography: Mashal Hassan | Designer: Fayez Agariah | Model: Laila Ali Khan
Trend Alert: Top Trends Of The Season We Cannot Wait To Try !
Being fashion addicts, we are always on a look out for trends that catch our attention. Take note from the…
Trend Alert: Tiny 90’s Sunglasses Have Officially Made a Come Back!
It’s officially time to trash those over-sized sunglasses in the bin and get your hands on some teeny tiny shades…
Trend Alert: Basic Summer Kurta’s Are Back With A Bang!
Sweltering heat waves and humid weather; you know summer has arrived- wearing fitted clothes becomes a task and that’s when…
Trend Alert: Top Trends We Spotted At Hum Showcase 2018!
The second annual Hum Showcase took place this last weekend and it’s safe to say we witnessed a myriad of…
Trend Alert: Winter Trends We’re Not Ready To Say Goodbye To Just Yet!
There’s nothing like feeling the first winds of winter, and having that be the very indication for women all over…
- Behind the Scenes
- Bollywood Blast
- Colors to keep
- Designer Debut
- Exhibition Hit List
- Gift Guide
- Hair File with the Experts
- Health & Beauty
- In the Spotlight
- Lawn Fever
- Makeup File with the Experts
- Project Runway
- Ready, Set, Shoot!
- Style Notes
- Sunday Fun
- The International Edit
- The Secret Word
- Top Ten Anything
- Travel Diaries
- Trend Alert
- Weekend Obsession
- What's in Her Closet?
- What's in Store
- 2 months
With every lawn collection Crimson & Republic Women’s Wear up the ante when it comes to innovation, creativity and style….
- 2 months
Ayesha Ibrahim presents her Spring/Summer’19 Lawn! Sway with style this summer in the designers luxury lawn featuring the designers signature…